Here is the authentic recipe as was taught to me by my mother in law made it. Hope you try to make it. Do let me know how it tasted and if your family liked it as well. Happy cooking.
- Clean the fish pieces. Apply some salt and turmeric and keep aside.
- Add chilies, black pepper, coriander seeds, grated coconut and garlic flakes and grind to a coarse paste with little water.
- In a pan add this paste and bring to a boil.
- Add fish piesces and cocum at this point.
- Cook till the fish is done.(7-8 mins)
- Add salt to taste
- Your delicious ambot tik is ready to eat.
- P.S. try to make the curry as dry as possible.